Montag, März 03, 2008

my apology









you'll be accepting my apology for taking things too seriously
sometimes i'm old enough to to keep routines
sometimes i'm child enough to scream
for everything i broke in two
you're barely missing me, i'm missing you and everything you do
i really do, i really do, sure i do

my once photographic memory for recollection's sake is failing me
i can't remember for the life of me

sometimes i can think to recite words that i read and rewrite
my pens paint people that i've proven wrong
sometimes i can think to recite words that i read and rewrite
my pens paint people that i've proven wrong
but we move on

get a job where i can tell all of my accounts of someone else
i'm quick enough to judge that they were wrong and that we knew it all along
sing a long, long-winded song i would be content to hum along

if i state that my fingers know where to show what everyone should have known
i'll let it go
hopefully you'll forget that words that i put in print
my luck, you'll change and have strength enough to walk away

(my apology / get up kids)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen